Pink Rain

Pink Rain

Weather doesn’t stop these girls from making an impact

The women’s golf team participated in the annual Fore the Cure Twin Creeks golf tournament March 9 in Allen. The tournament was in support to find a cure for breast cancer and breast cancer awareness. Golfers, coaches and banners were cloaked in pink.

“The teams were very enthusiastic and it was great seeing everyone being so supportive,” sophomore Cassandra Chumley said. “It was very enlightening”

The tournament was cancelled after nine holes due to weather, but the girls still came together and made due playing for a good cause. Girls’ varsity golfer Maddie McCrary placed first in the tournament.

“Everyone wore pink and supported the cause, we even had a banner,” sophomore McCrary said.

Unlike prior tournaments, teammates played together rather than having to be paired with golfers from other schools.

Girls head golf coach Melinda Black said the girls shot the best they had all season.

“Due to my personal experience with cancer, participating in the Pink Tournament was dear to my heart,” Black said. “This tournament brought the Lady Raider Golf team together with team attitude and spirit.”